Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 2 (January 9, 2013)

Second day of class we started to explore the meaning of visual literacy.  To me visual literacy is understanding what meaning of an image without the need of words. We viewed images and tried to analyze the basic details of the images.  This is done by relying on what you see and not what you think you see.  It was a little confusing at first, but I got the gist of it by the end of class.

After the image analysis we watched a video on a comic artist.  After this we did a 4 panel comic about why/how we came to Cal State La.  We were given 20~30 mins to do the comic.  I couldn't think of anything till near the end.  I drew a maze type think to show that I was lost in life and didn't know what to do.  I used a coin flip to symbolize the chance I took to get me to College.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment