Today the class split into 4 groups and we shared our assignment with our classmates. The assignment was, from what I understood was to choose a word or phrase, then use that word/phrase to change the meaning of 10 images that we have chosen. I found this part easier than the previous one which we had to come up with phrases for a single image. It was a difficult task to complete, while finding 10 images for a single word/phrase was somewhat easier. While we were sharing our images, I saw many interesting ones, some of them I wouldn't have ever thought of. Later each group chose the best within the group. We further discussed as a class, the 10 images of the 4 chosen. I had problems thinking of ideas for the 4 phrases. The others students had some ideas which made sense with the word/phrases. Overall the 2 assignments were good to do, and will benefit future designers.
After the group thing, we watched 2 videos on 2 designers. They talked about their creative processes. This made me wonder what processes I go through when i create. The second video later talked about fears in her work. She said things that i also went through as well.
The fears I had was that my work was not any good. I always doubted myself and my work. When I saw my classmate with his artwork, it hit me hard. I believed that I would never be that good. Its not surprising that I felt this way, my parents never supported me taking art. They would say "You'll never make money" or "It's better if you became a doctor". I over came this by just working harder on my work and tried to ignore all the negatives. I was able to get my parents to support what I did, but not full support.
My process when I create is simple. I try to do simple designs, nothing too complex. Then from the simple design, I would build on it if the design requires it. When I get into the work, I prefer listening to music while I create. When a room is loud with chatter it's hard for me to concentrate, but if the room is to quiet I can't concentrate either. I know its weird, this is why I turn on music. This is the process I take when I start designing.
No comments:
Post a Comment