The class started with us splitting into 2 groups. In these group we talk about ourselves using the questions given on Day 6 of class. The questions related to the fear-based reaction of our career choice, and the creative process we go through well creating. As we began to share our answers with the group, I realised that many of us have similar answers. One similarity would be parental support with the choice of our studies. The more people I held from the more I saw how similar I was to them in the ways we think and do art. This was a good experience that allowed us to get to know each other a little better.
The next part of the class was 2 videos. We watched a TED talk with John Maeda and another with Tim Brown. Maeda's video was interesting in how he did his work. His way of thinking and what he did with regular items like french fries blew my mind. I would have never even thought twice about the things he found interesting. I might have to look at objects with a whole to light now. As for Tim Brown's TED I was there for the beginning, but dosing off due to my lack of sleep the day before. Will re-watch and continue.
Updated
Tim Brown's TED talk intrigued me with his talk about design thinking. Instead of designing for the sake of money, it should be done because it is important. Designing something useful that would help people for a long time. Many designs are today are slight improvements on things that already exists such as the iphone. Personality I don't see much change from each of the new versions. But no matter how much it changed or not its just designed for money. But innovating is not a easy task to accomplish, while watching I wondered how design now can change the lives of the people. I believe this is something designer should think about as they design, but of course money makes the world go round and i doubt anything will change that.
No comments:
Post a Comment