Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 11 (February 13, 2013)

During the last class we were given an assignment to do.  The assignment was to create 9 original game concepts.  Today we did critiques on the game concepts.  It was nice to see all the different ideas people had for a game.  Some were ideas I would have never thought of.  Everyone had some different kind of concepts that were not identical to each others'.  We were only able to critique only half the class, but i was able to see interesting things.  The concepts I created were based on cards games an boardgames, because I was most familiar with those types.  The ones I found interesting were the ones that did not use the card or board game format.  Some of these were quite intriguing on how they functioned, their rules and the goal of the game.  There were some game concepts that were interest. but need more thinking over to make the game work.  At the end of the day the most interesting concepts were the ones I was not familiar with.  I i was hoping to see everyone's concepts, but we didn't have the time to do so.  For the next class we have to fully develop the concepts.     

No comments:

Post a Comment