Sunday, February 10, 2013
Day 8 (February 4, 2013)
The class began with a group activity. In the groups we looked over the Competencies of a 2015 Designer. As a group we were discussed the different understanding that is needed to be a designer of 2015. There are 13 of these competencies, but I didn't understand some of them when I was reading them over. Many of these we learned from school or from home. Many these are things we experience in our daily lives. When we discussed some of these things i started to understand them a little better. There are others I understand but couldn't put them in words. Discussing these with others was a good experience, if we hadn't done so i wouldn't had understood some of the competencies. No design has all the 13 competencies, which is why a group is important in design. I may not have any certain competencies that other people do, which means if we worked together we could achieve all 13. The next thing we did was watch a video about Polish designers. It was about how design was in the past for the Polish designers, and what changes occurred as time progressed. I found it interesting how they did their own designs with the American movie poster. They were clearly quite different in style. After the film we were given an assignment for the next day, which was to illustrate the 7 Deadly Sins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment